- Home - Belden.com
- Unmanaged Switches
- Managed Switches
- Managed Rack Mount Switches
- Waterproof Switches
- Embedded Ethernet
- Security & Firewalls
- Routers & WAN
- Wireless LAN
- Network Management Software
- Media Converters
- Serial Communications
- Industrial Networking New Products
- Data Bus / Protocol
- Hook-up / Lead Wire
- Control & Power
- Other Cables
- Cable Basics
- Color Code Charts
- Cable Finder Guide
- Compression Connectors
- Conduit Capacity Calculator
- Connector Cross-Reference
- Declaration of Performance
- Installation Guides
- LabelFlex System
- Grass Valley
- Lumberg Automation
- ProSoft Technology
- Tofino Security
- West Penn Wire
Flexible - Combines the flexibility of single-unit media converters with the convenience of rack mounting.
Cost Effective - Low entry cost where only a handful of MC units are needed initially.
Hardened - Rugged metal construction holds media converters in front for easy cable access and status LEDviewing. Power supplies in the rear.
Product Flexibility - Mix and match Gigabit, 100 Mb 10 Mb Converter Switches (Media Converters) and Edge Switches.
MC14-TRAYs with Power Supply Units Available - Models with built-in common power supply available including the MC14-TR+PS9 and the MC14-TR+PS9X2.
Product Selection Guides
- Rugged high-strength sheet metal. Includes brackets for 19" rack mounting.
- Dimensions: 1.75 in H x 17.0 in W x 9.0 in D (4.45 cm H x 43.2 cm W x 22.9 cm)
- Height of unit with PS and MCs is 3.75 inches (9.5cm)
- Weight: 1.9 lb. (0.9 kg) empty, 9.0lbs (4.1kg) when loaded with ten 14-Series MCs.
- Regular and/or Hardened ES, CS, or MCs
- Ambient Temperature: 32° to 120°F (0° to 50°C)
- Hardened DC power MCs, MC14-TRAY (w/o AC PS)
- Ambient Temperature: -40° to 175°F (-40° to 75°C)
- Storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Ambient Relative Humidity: 10% - 95% (non-condensing)
- MC14-TR+PS9 is rated at 40 watts, 9 VDC output + or - 5% regulation. Auto-ranging (100-240 vac, 47-63 Hz) AC input.
- The MCs use 4 watts each, so 10 units need about 40 watts operating at 50°C.
- Note: The power supply is nameplate-rated at 54 watts at 40°C, and de-rated for a higher 50°C ambient temperature.
- MC14-TRAY Rack-mount tray, holds up to 16 units of the Converter Switches, or 16 units 14-Series Media Converters or 8 ES42 Edge Switches, or combinations.
- MC14-TR+PS9 Rack-mount tray, supports up to 10 units of the Converter Switches, or 14-Series Media Converters, or combinations. Includes the power supply unit and connectors to power up to 10 units at 9VDC as required. Auto-ranging AC input to the power supply for use worldwide.
- MC14-TR+PS9X2 Rack-mount tray, supports up to 16 units of the Converter Switches, or 14-Series Media Converters, or combinations. Includes the power supply units and connectors to power up to 16 Media Converters at 9vdc, in two groups of eight units per power supply. Auto-ranging AC input to the power supplies.
Download the GarrettCom Product Selection Guide for in-depth product information. View the entire portfolio and technical product information.