- Home - Belden.com
- Unmanaged Switches
- Managed Switches
- Managed Rack Mount Switches
- Waterproof Switches
- Embedded Ethernet
- Security & Firewalls
- Routers & WAN
- Wireless LAN
- Network Management Software
- Media Converters
- Serial Communications
- Industrial Networking New Products
- Data Bus / Protocol
- Hook-up / Lead Wire
- Control & Power
- Other Cables
- Cable Basics
- Color Code Charts
- Cable Finder Guide
- Compression Connectors
- Conduit Capacity Calculator
- Connector Cross-Reference
- Declaration of Performance
- Installation Guides
- LabelFlex System
- Grass Valley
- Lumberg Automation
- ProSoft Technology
- Tofino Security
- West Penn Wire
Robust compact housing - Specially designed for use at the field level with automation networks, the managed switches and routers in the OCTOPUS family ensure the highest industrial protection ratings (IP67/IP65) regarding mechanical stress, humidity, dirt, dust, shock and vibrations. They are also capable of withstanding heat and cold, while fulfilling the strictest fire prevention requirements.
Extended Feature Range - The managed OCTOPUS family includes switches from 8 to 28 ports. Gigabit versions are also available that, just like the Fast Ethernet models, feature vibration-resistant M12 connectors for twisted pair cables or fiber-optic ports according to IEC 63076-3-106 v1/v4. Full-featured Industrial HiVision Management Software is available.
Configurable - The online configurator permits rapid selection of the switch that best suits your individual application scenario. Over 100 water- and dust-resistant versions offer an optimum solution and maximum flexibility for a variety of application scenarios.
Protocol Support - Models now available that support Profinet, Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP
Power over Ethernet - Versions with PoE/PoE+ support allow these devices to be powered via a data cable, meaning no special PoE-power-supplies and no additional power cables are needed.
Construction - The rugged design of the OCTOPUS switches are ideal for installing directly on machinery, outside of control cabinets and distribution boxes.
Supported Software - The software comes in Basic, Advanced and Professional versions and provides management, diagnostic and filtering features as well as seamless redundancy methods and security mechanisms of varying degrees.
Approved for Transportation Use - The managed OCTOPUS switches and routers meet application-specific regulations for use in railway vehicles, along railway lines, for fire protection in trains and in road vehicles.
Managed OCTOPUS Switches and Routers Resources
- Hirschmann OCTOPUS OS20/30 Switch
- Hirschmann Basic Managed 9-Port IP67 Switch
- Hirschmann Gigabit OCTOPUS Switches with M12 Ports
- Hirschmann PoE OCTOPUS Switches with Integrated Power Supply
- OCTOPUS Switches Brochure - Customized Solutions for the Harshest Conditions
- Sales Flyer OCTOPUS OS24/34
- Data Networking Solutions for Power Transmission & Distribution Brochure
- Industrial Networking Brochure
- Reliable Solutions for the Industrial Environment
- Network Solutions for Mission Critical Security Applications
- Solutions for the Water and Wastewater Industries
- Solutions for the Food & Beverage Industry
- Solutions for the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industries
- Solutions for the Wind Energy Industry
- Solutions for the Power Generation Industry
Industrial Wireless Technology for Railway Systems
Download the white paper "Industrial Wireless Technology for Railway Systems" and learn how wireless industrial Ethernet-based networks will conform to global railway standards.
Register Your Switch
Sign up to register your Hirschmann Switch to access warranties, technical bulletins and special promotions.