IEEE802 11 Radio Optimization
Wireless LAN Industrial Applications
In this White Paper:
- WLAN use cases for industrial applications
- WLAN transmission fundamentals including frequency bands, MiMo & antenna patterns
- Regulatory challenges & requirements affecting WLAN network performance (by country/region)
- Mechanisms to improve the performance of WLAN access points
- Roaming delay optimization for moving vehicle applications
"Directed IEEE 802.11 wireless connections can link industrial plant components over long distances. Moreover, the use of mobile devices including tablets and notebooks opens up possibilities for maintaining, configuring and monitoring industrial applications."
"The first decision affecting network quality is choosing radio transmission frequency range. IEEE 802.11 wireless networks enable use of different frequency ranges."
"Fast reliable roaming is an essential quality requirement for industrial WLAN systems, specifically in application scenarios with mobile clients including trains (train-to-track-side communication), automated guided vehicles and other industrial autonomous vehicles."
Download the whitepaper to learn more about WLAN performance in industrial applications.
*Available in English and German.