Download the white paper "The Train Ethernet Backbone"
This white paper describes:
- Three challenges for rail operators and how they can be overcome through the use of Hirschmann products
- Ethernet based applications improve fuel efficiency, increase reliability and lead to shorter dwell times at platforms, reduced headway between trains and fewer on board staff as well as improved security
- Example solutions for each of the following with illustrations:
- Redundant Coupling Protocol (RCP)
- Ethernet Train Backbone Network (ETBN)
- Coach-to-Coach Coupling (C2C)
- Train Communications Network (TCN)
- Introduction into the IEC 61375 standard and the benefits of Hirschmann’s implementation approach
- The benefits of the Hirschmann product portfolio for safe, high-quality and reliable Ethernet Networks on board a train
Complete the form and download the white paper. It is available in English, French and Spanish.
You'll be on your way to understanding how to overcome the challenges of installing an Ethernet backbone on board a rail vehicle!