Selecting the Right Antenna for Industrial Wireless
Industrial Wireless: From Substitute to Solution
This White Paper Explains:
- Different types of antenna technologies & typical uses
- Specifications for three industrial applications/use-cases:
- Mobile equipment in a large production area
- Real-time SCADA system status for mobile workers in a small production area
- Factory floor communications for automated mobile devices
- The cost savings, reliability and competitive advantages of using WLAN for in-house applications
"The robustness, reliability and availability of wireless connections can be increased dramatically with the right antenna."
"Primary antenna types include directional, omni-directional and MiMo (Multiple In/Multiple Out)."
“WLAN connections achieve the reliability of cable connections in 90% of applications.”
“Organizations can expect process improvements from using industrial wireless. This includes a reduction in minor breakdowns, shorter startup times and real-time status of mobile devices. Cost savings range from 10-30%.”