Wireless Train to Ground Communication
In this White Paper:
- Drivers of increased competition among train operators in Europe
- Three train-to-ground applications to improve capacity & passenger service:
- Communications Based Train Control (CBTC)
- Passenger Information System (PIS)
- Surveillance Video (CCTV)
- Applications solutions with illustrations & performance requirements
- Typical network architecture for railway system infrastructure
- Considerations for choosing train-to-ground communication systems
"Using real-time positioning systems provides a solution for capacity challenges and avoids the need for disruptive and expensive civil engineering projects."
"The communication link between train and ground infrastructure is critical. The performance and reliability of this link and the associated Ethernet-based systems will become even more vital."
"Domain expertise, products with a legacy of safety and reliability and dedicated future-proof solutions are key considerations when choosing train-to-ground communication systems."
Download the White Paper* to learn more about specifying train-to-ground communication systems.
*Available in English and German.