Collaboration on a New Level: Bringing Data Center Solutions Straight to You
Within our own walls, Belden works in teams to problem-solve—from our engineers and technicians to our solutions consultants and product line managers. We take this same teamwork approach with customers. A collaborative partnership helps us understand your challenges and goals so that you get the support and solutions you need. The best part of this collaboration? You know you’re never facing a data center project alone.
As we brainstormed ways we could move our concept of collaboration to the next level, we had a thought: We could take our teamwork on the road. Belden doesn’t need to meet in an office to talk about your projects and challenges. We can (literally) bring our data center experts straight to you so you can ask questions, share ideas and learn about emerging technology.
This summer, as a way to bring the idea to life, Belden unveiled its new 43-foot Mobile Collaboration Center (MCC) at Data Center World in Orlando, FL. The response was fantastic—and that was just from the people who experienced it on a showroom floor.
Our Mobile Collaboration Center makes our data center solutions portable for the first time. We plan to travel the country—spending 26 weeks on the road per year—to meet in person with data center designers, installers, operators and owners wherever they are.
We’re headed west in the fourth quarter of 2021, with stops planned in Colorado, Washington, Oregon and other states over the next few months. You can see the full schedule here. (We’re especially excited about our visit to SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA, in December. You’ll not only get to see the Mobile Collaboration Center, but also tour SoFi Stadium and see the complete, end-to-end cabling and connectivity system Belden provided to the stadium to support never-before-seen technology and infrastructure for Wi-Fi, digital ticketing and a distributed antenna system.)
So … what will you find inside the Mobile Collaboration Center when you step inside? Great question! Here are just a few examples.
An interactive screen gives you insight into new Belden data center solutions that are in the works. There’s also a live-stream connection with the F1 Center of Excellence (where we create custom fiber optic assemblies). Through this connection, you can interact with our experts in real-time to discuss your ideas and see what they’re working on.
We’ve also got hands-on stations where you can try out fusion splicing and REVConnect® termination to see how fast and easy it really is. In addition, we’ve got lots of products you can see and use in person:
- Fiber optic and hybrid cables: Learn more about our extensive, versatile, end-to-end fiber and hybrid product portfolio for indoor, indoor/outdoor and outdoor applications. This includes Interconnect Cables, Mini Distribution Cables, Loose Tube Cables, Breakout Cables, Flexible Ribbon Cables, Hybrid Copper-Fiber Cables, Distribution Cables, OSP Cables and Digital Electricity™ Hybrid Cables.
- Field-terminated fiber solutions: See many of our field-terminated fiber solutions up close, including MPO Trunks, Multi-Fiber Trunks, Fiber Patch Cords, Fiber Field-Terminated Connectors, Mass-Fusion Pigtails, SMPTE Camera Assemblies, Patch Panels and the FiberExpress Ultra-High-Density (UHD) System.
- Pre-terminated copper and fiber cables: See our pre-terminated fiber and copper solutions in person, including MPO and Copper Trunks, Fiber and Copper Patch Cords, Multi-Fiber Trunks, Hydra Patch Cords, Mass-Fusion and Copper Pigtails, SMPTE Camera Assemblies and Fiber Harnesses.
- Standard cabinets and wall-mount (stackable) enclosures: Take a look at the racks and cabinets we offer to support a variety of applications, from single-rack or single-cabinet applications (such as retail and telecom closets) to high-density, multi-rack/multi-cabinet patching and switching fields (in computer rooms, data centers and central offices).
- Cable management: To speed up deployment time, maximize space, optimize cable bandwidth and provide maximum cabling density, see our selection of pathways and enclosure cable management.
- New innovations: We’re always working on new products, and we’ll have our latest innovations on display in the Mobile Collaboration Center for you. Right now, we’re showing off our OptiTuff™ Mini Fiber Cables, which utilize advanced, ruggedized thermoplastic material as a cost-effective, top-quality alternative to traditional metal armored products.
To watch a virtual tour of our Mobile Collaboration Center, see this recording from Data Center World. We can’t wait to see you out on the road soon! See our full list of stops here.