Efficient Power, Cooling & Access Control Solutions for Data Centers
Reliable, power-efficient implementation & management solutions for maximum security & performance at the cabinet room level.
Power, Thermal Management & Physical Security Solutions
According to Forbes*, global data centers used roughly 416 terawatts or about 3% of total electricity consumed in 2016—nearly 40% more than the entire United Kingdom—and this rate of consumption is projected to double every four years. As data center operators strive for more environmentally-sound solutions, improving the energy efficiency of cooling operations is a paramount concern.
High-density IT equipment continues to push enclosure heat loads into the 10-15Kw range. Many data centers are oversupplied with twice the cold air supply than necessary—and still experience ‘hot spot’ issues.
With extensive data center infrastructure experience, we can help you meet your security goals and help address the cooling, power and density paradox at the rack/enclosure level:
- Wide range of air flow, power distribution & power/climate monitoring devices to effectively manage high-density computing environments
- Focused systems-approach ensures environmental & access control solutions work seamlessly with racking & cabling for maximum performance
- Best-in-class access control & management solutions to comply with privacy rules/regulations (PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, etc.)
- Belden-certified contractors & installers trained & knowledgeable in the unique requirements of data center power & cooling requirements
- Intelligent monitoring & reporting to track flow & movement within defined data center areas to ensure regulatory compliance with HIPAA, NIC CIP, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, SSAE 16 & more
* Why Energy is a Big and Rapidly Growing Problem for Data Centers, (4.16 x 1014 watts), Forbes, December 15, 2017.
Ready to Start a Project?
Belden's infrastructure products are engineered to work together to optimize performance & provide a...
Power, Cooling & Rack/Cabinet-Level Security Solutions
Power Distribution & PDUs
Multiple power configurations & features including remote power, environmental monitoring, alarming ...
Open Rack Security Door
Security for new and existing network components in an open 19" equipment rack
Access Control Cable
Cables that offer access control for all types of card readers including the secure OSDP technology,...
From the Blog
Good news from the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: Data centers are getting better about reducing power consumption. Since 2010, power usage has remained about the same in U.S. data centers. Even though the number of servers being installed...
Stéphane Bourgeois | 08.11.2016
When it comes to thermal management in the data center, lack of action equals a waste of money. Every data center can improve thermal management practices in some way to reduce operating costs. Not every thermal management solution requires lots of...