MPLS-TP: A Superior Packet-based Technology for Industrial Applications
This White Paper explains:
- Why MPLS technology is replacing traditional circuit-switched TDM backbone networks like SONET and SDH
- How the TP variant of MPLS technology is better suited to industrial applications
- How to increase predictability with bi-directional transmit and receive communications
- Ways that MPLS-TP can support greater bandwidth demands and lower operational costs
- What to look for as you consider using MPLS-TP in your industrial network
From the White Paper:
"Traditional circuit-switched TDM backbone networks such as SONET and SDH are being sunsetted in the face of increasing demands for bandwidth, driving network operators to investigate packet-based networks, most often Carrier Ethernet or IP/MPLS."
"IP/MPLS is no longer the only flavor of MPLS available. Utilities, transportation systems and other industrial users who may have been disappointed when investigating their packet-system migration alternatives are well-advised to consider MPLS-TP."