Advancing Digital Manufacturing
Better Data. Better Decisions. Better Performance.A recent Manufacturing Vision Study1 cites 60% of manufacturers will have fully connected factories in 2020. With globalization, supply chain complexities and increasing demand for skilled workers, discrete manufacturing companies have turned to automation for greater agility, operational efficiency and competitive advantage.
More automation brings with it the convergence of business and plant floor systems to enable the reliable flow of information. Explore our extensive range of industrial networking, cybersecurity and infrastructure solutions engineered to improve operational efficiency, enhance security and deliver cost savings.
Compliance & security with a defense-in-depth ‘zones & conduits’ approach
- Network Address Translation devices connecting smaller systems to protect production networks from IT Networks
- Demilitarized zones—also called Manufacturing Applications Zones—to enable select access while securing the rest of the network
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) to identify & quarantine network anomalies
Hardened network infrastructure solutions
- Layer 3 Managed Switches & Routers to communicate across different IP subnets
- Multiport Industrial Firewalls with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), firewall learning mode and IDS ensure packet data integrity & protect networks from adverse cyber events
- Dissect network traffic to perform industrial asset discovery, profile industrial protocol communication & ensure threat detection from demilitarized zone (DMZ) to field-level devices
- Gain visibility into controller mode/configuration changes & firmware uploads
Fast, reliable data transmission
- Higher bandwidth, wider frequency ranges & Type 3 & Type 4 PoE cabling options for peak network efficiency & reliability
- Bonded-pair cable construction for guaranteed performance in settings exposed to EMI noise, oil, ultraviolet (UV) & extreme temperatures
- Market-leading Industrial REVConnect RJ45 Field-Termination Connectors with superior insulation piercing mechanism & EMI protection for maximum reliability
1. Fielded Q1, 2017. 1,100 North American, Latin American, EMEA & Asia Pacific decision makers who authorize or influence the purchase of manufacturing technologies were interviewed by Peerless Insights. Multiple segments covered including Automotive Manufacturing, Food & Beverage & Pharmaceutical Production.
Ready to Start a Project?
Industrial networking, infrastructure & cybersecurity products designed to work together for maximum...
Bridging the divide with high-performance Hirschmann & Tofino networking products.
Full Gigabit Ethernet Backbone Layer-3 Switch with up to 80x GE + 8x 2.5/10 GE ports
Full Gigabit Ethernet Backbone Layer-2 Switch with up to 80x GE + 8x 2.5/10 GE ports
GREYHOUND 1040 Gigabit Switch configurator
GREYHOUND 1040 modular switch with up to 28 Gigabit ports, 2.5 Gigabit fiber Uplink technology,...
Network Management Software
High-performance software enabling efficient mapping and supervision of industrial networks
Industrial Ethernet Cable
Designed for industrial applications, rely on DataTuff Industrial Ethernet Cables
Addressing your OT Network Security Issues
Industry 4.0 & IIoT has forced the need for greater connectivity & visibility across the enterprise resulting in OT network transformation. With greater network connectivity comes new challenges for the OT domain,—with many feeling that they are...
From the Blog
Bringing together two disparate ways of working is never easy. It can be an uncomfortable process as people learn to stretch beyond their comfort zones and think in new ways. This especially applies to the merging of IT and OT, which is happening...
Belden | 06.24.2020
Who’s responsible for industrial cyber security in your organization? Whether it’s Information Technology (IT) or a cross-functional ICS operations and process control group – often labeled Operations Technology (OT) – they likely have incompatible...
Katherine Brocklehurst | 05.03.2017
For decades, the office environment had been on an Ethernet network, the factory floor had operated independently on fieldbus, and each were happily separate in their operations and needed little contact with one another. Now, with the rapid growth...