Fault-Managed Power System (FMPS) Cables
Belden’s Fault-Managed Power System (FMPS) Cables are the industry’s first cables designed and UL listed for Class 4 cabling. They safely carry power at higher levels and across longer distances while reducing infrastructure costs. Transmitters and receivers constantly monitor line conditions to make sure power pulses are properly received. If a problem is detected, power distribution stops immediately to protect people and equipment. The FMPS Cable portfolio includes a line of copper cables and our new line of hybrid cables which allow for the simultaneous transmission of power and data in the same cable. All FMPS cables can be coupled with our broad portfolio of fiber connectivity products for an end-to-end infrastructure to support distributed antenna systems (DAS).
Features & Benefits
- Deliver Power Across Long Distances: 20x more power or distance than PoE with up to 2,000W across a reach of up to 2 km
- Support New Technology: Ideal for distributed antenna systems, passive optical networks (PONs), security cameras and wireless access points; can be used for indoor (plenum and riser), outdoor and overhead-burial applications
- Cost Effective: Electricians aren’t needed for cable installation; current Class 4 Certified cables include the DEDN and DEWN product families
- Safe Power Delivery: Digital Electricity power sensing technology makes Class 4 systems just as safe—if not safer—than Class 2 and Class 3 systems
- Improve Electrical Performance: Stranded copper pairs design maintains flexibility and performance during installation