Secure, Reliable & Manageable Networking Solutions for Transit
Delivers Comfortable, Secure Passenger Experiences
On-board communication and control systems keep rail cars, buses and other transit vehicles running smoothly and provide a better passenger travel experience. Robust security systems and infotainment keep passengers safe, informed and engaged, while advanced technologies enable superior train control, monitoring and management. Belden’s breadth of cables, connectivity and networking solutions are specifically designed to meet the increased bandwidth requirements of today’s onboard systems, while ensuring industry standards compliance, high-performance, safety and reduced operating cost.
- RailTuff™ railway-approved line of Ethernet cables deliver up to 10 Gb/s performance and compliance with EN 45545, EN 50155, DIN 5510-2, IEC 61156-6 and ISO/IEC 11801 standards while enabling easy, risk-free installation in limited on-board spaces
- ECE R118.02-approved data, coax and microphone cables featuring flame-resistant jacket material and fast data transmission to keep passengers safe
- EN 50306-2 thin-wall cables deliver safe, high-performance power and control signaling for switchboards, driver desks and other on-board applications
- Full line of shielded M12 railway connectors and patch cables are specifically designed for fast, simple and reliable on-board connections in compliance with EN 50155, IEC 61373 and DIN CLC/TS 50467 international railway standards and DIN CEN/TS 45545
- Flexible, scalable and easy-to-commission industrial Ethernet switches support increasing bandwidth requirements
Ready to Start a Project?
Industrial networking, infrastructure & cybersecurity products designed to work together for maximum...
Explore On-Board Communication & Control Solutions
Railway Signaling Communication Solutions
Mass transit vehicles are becoming increasingly more sophisticated to take advantage of new and emerging technologies. Belden provides complete networking solutions for onboard systems, while complying with challenging requirements.
Reliable Cable Options for Transportation Applications
Belden offers essential cable constructions for applications in transportation, rail and roadway tunnel, station and signaling control and operation.
From the Blog
As in other industrial environments, the rail transportation industry is being significantly transformed by digital technologies and the emergence of the Industrial Internet of Things—or as my colleagues in this industry often refer to it, the...
Richard Weatherburn | 06.04.2019
With Industry 4.0 came the next generation of factory automation. This technology was aimed at improving the efficiency of factories with automated machines that operated on fast-moving production lines. But now, with more and more data needing to...
Richard Weatherburn | 11.15.2017
Transformer substations are used to convert the high voltage levels of electrical distribution systems to lower voltage levels for use by homes and businesses. Locating substations can be difficult however, as many people believe they are unsightly...