Secure, Reliable Networking Solutions for Substations & Smart Grids
Ensuring Reliable Signal Transmission in Harsh Environments
Whether it’s the industrial network WAN backbone, LAN or field area network connecting variable frequency motor drives or edge devices, cabling and connectivity solutions in the industrial environment must be reliable and designed to withstand extended use in tough, demanding applications. For more than 110 years, Belden has been the leading manufacturer of rugged cable and connectivity solutions for the industrial world. No other manufacturer has the breadth of product and experience when it comes to industrial cable and connectivity solutions.
- Industrial category 6A, 6, 5e and single pair cables and cordsets for all things industrial Ethernet with 100% shield coverage for improved protection & bonded-pair construction for durability & installable performance
- Heavy-duty and tactical single-mode and multimode fiber optic cables in a variety of fiber counts for use in industrial inter/instra-building & outside plant duct, aerial & direct burial applications
- Full range of traditional fieldbus, coaxial, twinax, single & multi-conductor/paired cables for VFD, hook-up & lead, automation, instrumentation, power, control, audio, security & life-safety applications
- Wide range of armoring, insulation & jacket technologies for indoor & outdoor environments, high-flex, power-limited & temperature, moisture, sunlight, abrasion & chemical resistance
- Industrial Ethernet, fieldbus & valve connectors with a variety of interface options, including RJ45, M-series & DeviceNet
- Passive patch panels, distribution boxes & Ethernet, fieldbus & modular I/O systems for fast, easy connection of field devices
Ready to Start a Project?
Industrial networking, infrastructure & cybersecurity products designed to work together for maximum...
Distribution Tight Buffer Fiber Cable
Designed for indoor, outdoor and industrial applications and available in fiber counts from 2 to 144
Industrial Ethernet Cable
Designed for industrial applications, rely on DataTuff Industrial Ethernet Cables
Category 6A Jacks
Reliable, Easy and Versatile terminations that deliver unmatched Beyond 10G performance
Modular Industrial Patch Panel
Combine copper and fiber cable termination in one future-proof solution for harsh environments
Digital I/O Modules
Highly customizable features to convert digital I/O signals into various fieldbus messages
High Performance Reliable Substation Cabling Options
Essential cable constructions for reliable control and operation, designed to operate and protect your substation and smart grid equipment for the life of your facility.
Cable Design for Protective & Metering Circuits in Substation Control Applications
Cable selection plays an important role in both the reliability, and longevity of a modern substation. This webinar presents various technologies for substation cabling for control, metering, and protection circuits.
From the Blog
What is EIA 485? It is important to remember that EIA-485 is not an application or protocol but a balanced transmission interconnect standard that specifies the electrical characteristics of drivers, receivers and transceivers.